Read about me and my interests and link to my other sites.
If you are here because you found a photo with my copyright (©mcfitz), please contact me for permissions.
I grew up in the beautiful Endless Mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania, in a small town where everyone knew everyone else. I followed my father and older brother into the Navy, as did my younger brother. My service was done willingly and I worked hard to be a good sailor. I enjoyed the travel, most of the people, and I certainly learned a lot.
I am happily married to my husband, Rick, and we moved from Texas (after 21 years) to Pennsylvania in 2017 to be near family.
My online moniker is mcfitz, a portmanteau word of my married name, McClintock, and my maiden name, Fitzgerald. I have used this online for over twenty years.
Reading and reviewing books
- See my blog We Need More Shelves
History of all kinds
- See my American History Pinterest board
Genealogy, including the following families:
- BERRY – Morris County, New Jersey; Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania; 1760-1890
- FITZGERALD – Philadelphia, Bucks, & Montgomery Counties, Pennsylvania; 1860-1940
- GEORGE – Massachusetts; New Hampshire; Cass County, Michigan; Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania; 1702-1920
- MARTIN – Cornwall, UK; Houghton County, Michigan; 1830-1915
- PRYOR – New Castle County, Delaware; Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania; 1769-1940
- QUICK – Wyoming County, Pennsylvania; 1764-1940
- ROSENGRANT – Wyoming County, Pennsylvania; 1790-1940